The Veterans of the Foundation
The Veterans of the Foundation provide essential services and support to the Armed Forces community, that includes dependents in St Helens and the surrounding areas. Alongside all serving personnel, reservists, early service leavers, veterans and their families.
We also host a Veterans of the Foundation Breakfast Café, which takes place every Thursday morning at the Shining Lights Centre in Sutton Manor (WA9 4AT).
There is also advice on employment-based and wellbeing opportunities to those who served in the armed forces, this includes:
- Work Experience Placements
- Volunteering Opportunities
- A Mentor Programme
- Non-Clinical wrap around support service for the Greater Manchester West NHS Trust and a drug and alcohol support service with combat stress.
- Structured Training Programmes
- And More…
There’s also outreach services where socially excluded, ex service personnel get a visit.
SCDF also provide support for local veterans through the newly formed Veterans of the Foundation HQ based at the Shining Lights Centre (WA9 4AT).
We have the ability to expand our wrap around service, and already have a wide support network of specialists and partners who enable us to provide these services and we will be able to provide further safe and comfortable surroundings for 1 to 1 support meetings and group sessions.
In recent times we have also:
- Provided hands on therapy in such areas as our allotments and assisting the friends of St Helens Cemetery.
- Found more programmes to get our veterans involved including our camping and fishing clubs.
- Fishing matches against our friends and rivals from the Wigan Veterans hub.
- Boat trips on Lake Windermere.
For more information, please email [email protected]